Routes and excursions TOP
Sant Iscle and Vallac valeys: volcanoes and castles. Natural Park route 19
This route allows you to discover one of the least known but most interesting areas of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park, walking between forests and farmhouses.
Besalú circuit. Ruta 1 Garrotxa
A route that brings to life the Romanesque treasures of the village of Beuda, and which can be complemented with a visit to the centre of Besalú.
The pond of Bassa de Monars and its lush green surroundings is a welcoming place to stop. Monars is part of Montagut i Oix and according to the 2007 census, eight people live in this hamlet. The first documentary records for Sant Sebastià date from 1064.
Villages and landscapes of Vall d'en Bas
To the south-west of the district in a large agricultural valley: Vall d'en Bas.
Garrell route. Route 2 Argelaguer
Garrell’s art takes advantage of its surroundings and recycled material and creates spaces and installations in between the hills, a stream and the river Fluvià.
This route visits the factories, canals, chimneys and other relics that provide a reminder of the industrial past of La Garrotxa.
Sant Pere Sacosta. Route 1 Les Planes d'Hostoles
The parish of Sant Pere Sacosta has the privilege of being one of the oldest and most remote inhabited villages of la Vall de Hostoles. Located on the slopes of la Serra del Puig del Moro, on the north ridge of el Far and below el Coll de Condreu.
Third carlinada route. Route 3 Argelaguer
In summer 1873 the Carlines besieged Argelaguer and killed the local councillor Sebastià Costa. This route will take you to the sites of some of the episodes of the final Carline War.
On the trail of the Remences
The revolt of the Remences – a peasant uprising against their lords and the abusive mals usos (feudal obligations) - took place in La Garrotxa during the second half of the 15th century.
Via romana de Capsacosta from St Salvador de Bianya or pas dels Traginers. Route 1 Vall dels Sentits
Transited since time immemorial, in recent years this road was used to drive cattle in summer to their high Pyrenean pastures. Until a few centuries ago it was the only existing route to the Camprodon Valley from the Bianya Valley.