Be ecotourist! In La Garrotxa there are plenty of companies that apply measures to ensure the sustainability of their activities.
The promotion of sustainable tourism is the main objective of Turisme Garrotxa.
It would be impossible to approach a goal of this kind without the support of some key elements. That's why Turisme Garrotxa successfully applied since 2001 the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism (CEST) as a framework for all actions. A commitment of collaboration between the company and the region that guarantees a responsible, sustainable and quality tourism management.
Since 2006 Turisme Garrotxa also applies the Code for Sustainable Management of La Garrotxa and Collsacabra, and promotes the quality information through the network of Information Points, and since 2009 applies the CEST to tourism businesses.
If you are ecotourist, this might interest you:
- Mammals of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone (zip)
- Birds of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone (zip)
- Volcanoes: A Field Guide to La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone (pdf)
- Vulcanologic map of La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone (pdf)
- Ecological Footprint Calculator